In 2017, Jones Petrie Rafinski (JPR) was engaged to provide conceptual design and budgeting services for a renovation project at UPMC Park, home of the Double-A Erie Seawolves. The existing stadium is located next to the Erie Insurance Arena, which is home to the Otters Amateur Hockey Team. Special focus was aimed at creating synergy between the two venues.
The following design concepts were included in the overall master plan:
• New 4-story club venue in left field which incorporates team stores, picnic support, team offices, storage, and an event venue connected to the adjacent arena.
• Streetscape improvements
• Concession & commissary improvements
• Team office renovations
• Restroom renovations
• Suite level renovations
• Batting cage improvements
• Existing right field party deck improvements
• New scoreboard/video display package
• New home run deck venue in right field
• Relocated main entrance plaza and box office
• Existing gate entrance improvements
In addition to working with the local Erie Events organization and stakeholders to identify and develop design concepts for these elements, JPR also prepared budget information to help with future project phasing.